06 November 2010

LYS Saturday Report for November 6, 2010

Greetings!
Please read this! I need strings to come early next week. I did not announce this at rehearsal! See highlighted sections below for full info! AND: Please reply to this email to acknowledge that you received it!
Oh, this is Julie Gardner, 435.723.8262, 
GJulieKay@gmail.com
Please contact me with any questions, or, as usual, with attendance issues.

Today's Rehearsal:
A Huge Thank You to Amy Elmer and Cami Dilg for assisting in our rehearsal this morning. Along with Nada & Sarah Pehrson and me, we were able to split up for sectionals. Thank you, Thank you! You are all awesome. We were missing a few people, some I had heard from, some I hadn't! We hope you all come back next week! :)

Next Week, November 13th:
I meant to announce this at the end of rehearsal this morning, but I lost track of time and we ended rather abruptly: I need to have all Strings ready to rehearse next week on the 13th at 8:30am! Yes, that means everyone that plays violin, viola, cello, or bass! We have a lot to accomplish, and I feel strongly that the strings need to meet a half-hour early. So, next week, please be ready to play by 8:30. This means arrival time: 8:20! 

I will be there by 8:10 to set up. Big smiles and giggles for anyone who comes early enough to help out!

Winds & Brass, please arrive by 8:50am, come quietly into the band room & set up your stuff, then warm up in the orchestra room so you are ready to rehearse by 9:00am! This will facilitate the best use of our time. 

Does it sound like I'm a little worried about the upcoming concert? Well... I'm not worried, but I do think we need a longer rehearsal next week, so I'm asking for one!  Thanks!

Remember, the Nov 20th concert is at 5pm. Please plan to be there by 4:30pm.

Calendar in the Near Future:
November 13: String Sectional, 8:30-9:00am.  Regular Rehearsal, 9-11:15 am, ACYI.

November 13: Concerto Auditions, 11:30am.

November 20: Dress Rehearsal (you do not need your concert attire - it just means we are rehearsing on the stage) at BEMS, 18 S 500 E, Brigham City, 9-11am

November 20: Concert at BEMS, 5pm (arrival time: 4:30pm) Click here for the run-down on formal concert attire, or look at your Membership Information sheet from the beginning of the year.

November 27: No Rehearsal! Happy Thanksgiving!

December 4, 11, 18: Regular Rehearsals, ACYI, 9:00-11:15am

Don't forget about Leaping Lulu and the wonderful Celtic Fiddler. Here is the info:
Music in the City Concert Series Presents
Leaping Lulu
Friday, November 19th
7:30pm
Brigham City Fine Arts Center
58 S 100 W
$8/$5 students

Julie Gardner
Robert Bott

--
435.723.8262
LincolnYouthSymphony.blogspot.com

No comments: