25 March 2010

LYS Saturday Report for March 20, 2010

Greetings!

As you already know, this is Julie Gardner, 435.723.8262, GJulieKay@gmail.com.
Please contact me with any questions, or, as usual, with attendance issues.

Last Saturday:

I missed last Saturday - I was on my way to Albuquerque to support my daughter, and several other Weber State students, at the MTNA national music competition. For those of you who might know Jana, she took 2nd in the nation! Woo Hoo! (First place was a clarinet, and she was really good too!)

Soooo, here's hoping that all went well last Saturday. I promise I won't miss any more rehearsals!

Here is the final schedule for the year:
Saturday, March 27, rehearsal will be 8:30 to 11:00am.
Saturday, April 3, 8:30 to 11:00am. (apologies to those in districts who have spring break that weekend)
Saturday, April 10, 8:30 to 11:00am (LYCO will be attending 10:15 to 11:00 to practice Swan Lake with us)
Saturday, April 17, NO Rehearsal. (Box Elder spring break, no conductor!)
Thursday, April 22, Rehearsal on stage at BEMS, 5-7 pm (first half hour with LYCO)
Friday, April 23, Final Concert at BEMS, 7pm

I have updated the google calendar to reflect the change on April 17, but the google sites have finally overtaken our googlepages website, and for some reason, the LYS calendar has disappeared (not the LYCO one - just LYS)... I will figure it out and get back with you! :)

Gala Fundraiser Dinner was a success. 

Thank you for your support! We had a full house! 

There were two items that were overlooked at the silent auction: a cello stand (probably because it was holding up the little cello - no minimum bid, SRP $25) and a cello bow (SRP $250; min bid $75). Please contact me if you are interested in examining these items. I would buy the bow if I had $75! :)

Julie Gardner
John Findlay

--
435.723.8262
LincolnYouthSymphony.blogspot.com

No comments: