05 November 2009

LYS Saturday Report for October 31, 2009

Greetings!
This is Julie Gardner, Managing Director of Lincoln Youth Symphony, GJulieKay@gmail.com, 435.723.8262. Please contact me with questions or if you need to arrange for an absence or to leave early. 

Saturday's Rehearsal.
What a lovely rehearsal we had. It's so awesome when almost everyone is there! Keep practicing! I think we're gonna make this concert work nicely! Thanks to Nathan S. for helping fill out the sound in the first violin section. Woo Hoo!
Thanks to those who remembered to bring treats to share! I was impressed that anyone remembered since I never emailed about it, and I never talked about it. All I did was write it on the board! We'll plan another treat week soon... How about November 14th?

Next Week.
Next Week's schedule is: Concerto Auditions: 8:00 am (we have a total of 5 students auditioning - three members & two who are not members... Those selected will make up the majority of the January 30th concert).
Regular Rehearsal 8:30 to 11am. The goal is to start rehearsal before 8:30, so please plan to arrive at 8:15am.
We have planned a flute workshop for 10:15 am. Any interested flute players are invited whether they are members of the orchestra or not. Sorry for the short notice, but it will be worthwhile for anyone who comes. Please let me know if you invite friends so we know how many to expect! Jana Gardner will be running this, and I know you'll learn and grow from the experience. She has so much to share!


Kids Are Music ~ Kids & Christmas!
I am awaiting final confirmation from the organizer. I will let you know when I know! If it all works out, we will pull out a Christmas piece and play the Mozart and the Three Rustic Dances. Concert Date: December 7th.
See Ya Saturday!

John Findlay
Julie Gardner
--
435.723.8262
LincolnYouthSymphony.blogspot.com

No comments: