30 January 2009

LYS: Follow-up Financial Report, and Abravanel Hall Performance Time

Greetings!
  
This is Julie Gardner, Managing Director of Lincoln Youth Symphony.  For previous emails (or to read this one in another location), see the Lincoln Youth Symphony Blog, our Weekly Rehearsal Report, here.
 
This quick email is a sigh-of-relief-follow-up on LBSS Finances.
Here is what our treasurer has to say:
Good news! We do have enough money for payroll.  Due to a minor accounting error, we have a lot more than I thought we did. Our checkbook is back as it should be. I will go to the bank today and get an updated printout of our statement and double check the actual balance, but we should be back in business.
 
Still, we do not have enough money to stay "in business" through the end of the year, so I think the gala is still a good idea. Our inflow of cash is sketchy at best. Keeping it simple can still help ease future expenses.
 
I am sorry for the uproar. I will keep you posted as I verify my mistake and get checks written. Thanks everyone.
So, our fundraiser is officially "back on!"  We are asking each student to sell 4 tickets, and there will only be one dinner (the caterer was happier with this arrangement, and we definitely want the food to be as good as it was last year).
 
 
Now to the really important stuff: Abravanel Hall
 
I received our schedule for Abravanel Hall in the mail today. We are in the morning performance schedule. Our warm up time is 10:30 am and our performance is at 11:00 am, Monday, March 2, 2009. This is going to be so fun!  I will let you know when we have our bus schedule worked out, and start collecting permission slips soon. We will go early enough to listen to other orchestras perform before us, and there will be a photo taken afterwards. More information to follow!
 
I am planning to take a publicity picture for our next concert at rehearsal tomorrow, so comb your hair if you care!
 
And don't forget to bring treats! :)
 
 
Please contact me with any questions: Julie Gardner, 435.723.8262, GJulieKay@gmail.com, or check out the calendar on the website here.
 
Julie Gardner
John Findlay
--
435.723.8262

No comments: