08 November 2008

LYS Saturday Report -- November 8th 2008

Greetings!
 
I hope I can remember everything I'm supposed to tell you in this email. :)
 
This is Julie Gardner, Managing Director of Lincoln Youth Symphony.  If you need to read a previous email, they are all available on the Lincoln Youth Symphony Blog, the Weekly Rehearsal Report, here.
 
Remember, regular Saturday rehearsals are from 8:30 to 11:00 am. Thank you for being on time!  This means arriving 5-10 minutes early to set up and be ready for downbeat at 8:30. Mr. Findlay had treats for everyone who was on time today!
 
If you will not be attending a rehearsal, or will be leaving early or coming late, please contact me at 435.723.8262 or reply to this email.
 
 
November 8, 2008
 
We had a good rehearsal!  What a fantastic bunch of youth we have!
 
At this point, you all know which spots in the music are plaguing you (I know which ones are plaguing me, too!).  Don't forget to take the music out at home and work on it!  Don't be surprised if Mr Findlay stops, points directly at you, and asks you to play your part by yourself!  (Actually, he didn't threaten to do that. I am threatening for him. Do you think he'll read this? I wonder!)
 
We were glad to have most of our violins back today!  Yippee! Thank you to all who are consistent in your attendance. It makes a big difference!
 
I am still working on recruiting percussion. My efforts this week did not pan out, but I will keep trying and next week we will have people playing back there... Let me know if you have any ideas!
 
Remember, we have a fun recruiting video on LincolnYouthSymphony.googlepages.com.
 
Future Rehearsals & Other Miscellaneous but Important Information
  
Thursday, November 13, 5:30 pm, at the Hunter's 657 N 800 W, Brigham City: bring your ideas or just a willingness to help as we organize our Silent Auction donation drive. This will be fun! Pull your mother's arm... Make her come (Well, at least beg... It's a good cause)!  I wrote a great letter about this, and it's available for repeated perusal on the LYS blog. click here and scroll down!
 
Regular rehearsals the next two Saturdays, November 15 and 22, 8:30 to 11:00 am. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to set up and be ready to play at 8:30. Let's be prompt!  Keep up the good work! You are Important! 
 
Our first concert is week after next! If you haven't already, mark your calendar for Saturday, November 22nd, 2008, 7:00 pm, BEHS Auditorium. Admission is $2 for adults and $1 for children under 11. It defrays the cost of the hall, and any money left over will go towards new music. We will turn in music that night after we play.
 
No rehearsal Thanksgiving weekend.
 
Auditions will be December 6th after regular rehearsal for concerto night (Feb 28)!   If you are interested in doing this, please contact me as soon as possible.
 
Please contact me with any questions: Julie Gardner, 435.723.8262, GJulieKay@gmail.com, or check out the calendar on the website here (please inform me of any technical difficulties).
 
Julie Gardner
John Findlay

--
435.723.8262
LincolnYouthSymphony.googlepages.com

No comments: