11 March 2008

LYS Saturday & Abravanel Hall Report March 8th, 2008

Greetings!

Well, we have made it through yet another trip to Abravanel Hall. I hope you all enjoyed the experience of listening to the other orchestras. I'm sorry that I cut it so tight with Jana. She was a witness for the prosecution in a Mock Trial competition in Orem. It started 45 minutes late, and, as you may have noticed, we barely made it back to Salt Lake in time. She said the only reason she could even play was adrenaline!

I would also like to publicly thank Cindy Stocks and Irma Bennett for riding the bus and checking off the names and making sure we didn't leave anyone or lose anyone. There is no way we could have done this without them.  Thank you!

I also want you to know that I am honored to have been there with you. Thank you for your time and effort. Section leaders that willingly step up and take that leadership role are fabulous. Thanks to all who nailed their solos and made it a memorable day!

We also said goodbye to James (we will miss you!), but he is planning to come back and make a video of himself. Great idea, huh? Don't come on the 22nd of March, James. It's Spring Break and there's no rehearsal!

Oh, One Other Thing. Boy, do I feel sheepish!  Do you remember how I was looking for a missing music stand? Well.... my child who loaded them in the van and will remain nameless in this email, thought he loaded 6 stands, and I thought I counted 6 stands when we were at the dinner, but there were only ever five. He helped me so much that day, but he forgot how to count (and so did I for that matter)! So the missing stand has... been at my house the entire time!  Now you know why no one could find it! Just thought I'd clear up the mystery for you. Laugh if you want, or smirk and shake your head. I'm used to being the punch line of the joke. :)

Contact Info: Julie Gardner, Managing Director, 435.723.8262, LincolnYouthSymphony@gmail.com or GJulieKay@gmail.com.

Website: http://LincolnYouthSymphony.googlepages.com

Remember to email me if you will not be coming to a rehearsal or you will be leaving early. I take roll every week!


This Week: March 15th, 2008

Rehearsal will be normal time this Saturday, 8:00 a.m. for everyone.  We will be sight reading and choosing a couple more pieces for the May 2nd concert.

Treats: Winds, Brass, Percussion!


Last Week: March 8th, 2008

 
The food was terrific again. Thank you Violas, Cellos, and Basses! There was homemade cinnamon raisin bread & butter, orange juice, cookies and donut holes. Holy Cow!

We polished our pieces for Abravanel Hall.


Upcoming dates and changes to remember:

March 15th, Regular Rehearsal, 8:00 a.m.

March 22nd, No Rehearsal, Easter Break.

March 29th, Regular Rehearsal, 8:00 a.m.

April 5, 12, 19, 26, Regular Rehearsals 8:00 a.m.

Dress Rehearsal TBA

Friday, May 2, Final Concert with LYCO, at BEHS, 7:00 p.m.




Membership Fees  VERY IMPORTANT:  We still have one Unallocated Membership Fee. Please contact me if you know anything.
 
Grocery Certificates  Email or call me if you want grocery certificates. More information on the website. Click on "Fundraising" on the left sidebar.
 
 
Julie Gardner
John Findlay

No comments: