22 January 2011

Gala, Concert Time Change, etc., Saturday, January 22, 2011

Greetings!

Here is the run-down for today:

I handed out Gala ticket sales packets to everyone at rehearsal. If you weren't there today, I have uploaded the letters, ticket tracking form, & receipts to the website. Click here for the right page. This is so you can get started today, even without the handout! Notice that the page of receipts is also attached, which means if you use all four receipts that I handed out today, you can print more!  Save the date: the Gala is 6pm, February 18, 2011, at the Brigham City Community/Senior Center, 24 N 300 W. 

Please contact me if you have any items for the Silent Auction. The solicitation letter (for businesses) is also uploaded to the website. My dear husband just spent some time at Paradise Furniture, and there will be a recliner for the raffle! (Raffle tickets will be for sale at the door. They will be $1, or 6 for $5.)

Our Concert is 2 weeks from Today! I really need everyone to spend time on their music at home. Even if you think you'll never be able to play it, practicing helps things go better. Always. I'm living proof!

Concert time: The concert time has officially been changed to 5pm on February 5th, 2011. It is at the Box Elder Middle School Auditorium, 18 S 500 E, Brigham City. Admission is Adults $3, Children (11 & Under) $2, Seniors $2, Families (from one household) $12. 

I still don't have the schedule from the organizers for Abravanel Hall. Again, set aside Feb 28th. Details coming soon!

I have posted the press release for the concert on the blog. Check it out! 

I will not be at rehearsal next week. My uncle passed away this week and we are going to California for the memorial service. Tiffany will be working with the winds on the Fughetta. I know you can do it!

We will also include the strings (who are not playing percussion) in the Aladdin piece! 

Thanks for everything, and PLEASE let me know when you can't make rehearsal. Your absence is sometimes rather frustrating!

Julie Gardner
Robert Bott

--
435.723.8262
LincolnYouthSymphony.blogspot.com


No comments: