07 December 2007

LYS Saturday & Concert Report, December 1st, 2007

Hello Parents and Musicians!

This is Julie Gardner, Managing Director. If you have any questions, I can be reached at 435.723.8262 or GJulieKay@juno.com. You can always access past LYS Saturday Reports by clicking "weekly rehearsal report" on the Lincoln Youth Symphony website: http://LincolnYouthSymphony.googlepages.com

Remember to email me about attendance. This means a missed rehearsal, or if you will be leaving early or coming late, and please be choosy about what constitutes a "good reason to miss."

For the most part, everyone has been fantastic about letting me know! Commitment makes this orchestra thrive! Block out Saturdays for the year. Tell people you are busy. 

We have two more rehearsals in December, and we miss

Fantastic Concert Last Saturday

Belated congratulations to all of you!  We sounded great, and I had some wonderful comments.  I would have emailed sooner but I spent Sunday sick in bed. Throwing up for 7 hours is never fun, but I'm glad it didn't happen on Saturday, although I'm sure everything would have still worked without me. I've been recovering all week, and playing in the Messiah. :)

You were great about turning in your music, as well. The only missing music as of today belongs to Rhiannon J (violin 1), Nathan J (viola), Rachel A (cello), Hannah F (cello), and Cameron C (low brass). Please Please Please turn in your music TOMORROW so I don't have to get mean!  I've already filed it, and it's a royal pain to file music that wasn't turned in with the rest. If you turned in music but not your manilla folder, you got credit for turning in your music, but please turn in the folder as well. And, for the vast majority of you, THANK YOU for turning in your music!  Bravo! 

One extra note: Nick H (violin 1) left some personal music in his folder. He won't be at rehearsals for the next concert, so if someone sees Nick at school or lives near him, please let me know. I can give you his music!

Tomorrow's Rehearsal: Saturday, December 8th, 2007
 
Rehearsal starts for Everyone (including winds) at 8:00 am. We will be passing out new music and also sightreading music -- some for fun and some to see if we want to play it. Plan to be done at the normal time -- 11:00 am.
 
I know there's an ACT test tomorrow morning, so please let me know if you are missing rehearsal. The only people I know of that won't be there tomorrow are Josh G, Amylee W, and Sonee K. Good luck on the test! :)
 
The Violas, Cellos, and Basses haven't had much of a chance to "organize" treats, but it is our turn, so let's see if we can do a good pot-luck job.  I already have cups and napkins left over from those great treats spread out by the 1st and 2nd violins, so I'll bring them along.
 
We will be having a few new players come audition tomorrow at 7:45. We look forward to meeting them! 

Don't forget, we are still trying to fill seats in the winds and brass section. Let's expand our ability to play by filling all our seats!

Membership Fees

If you have not paid or made arrangements for your membership fees, I will begin contacting each of you on an individual basis soon.
 
Unallocated Membership Fee: We still have one fee that was paid in September and the last name on the check was Andersonwe are not sure who to credit that payment to. If it was you, we'd love to give you credit for it, so please let me know! Thanks. :)
 
Fundraising
 
If you purchased grocery certificates at the concert, you know by now how easy it is. If we make this an ongoing fundraiser, it can make a big difference. I will have green flyers for the grocery fundraisers at rehearsal. Please participate in this program. It is a painless way to raise money for the youth symphony. More information at http://lincolnyouthsymphony.googlepages.com. Click on "Fundraising" on the left sidebar.
 
Our Silent Auction and Gala Fundraising Dinner will be February 9th. If you are willing to help with this, please let me know.
 
Julie Gardner
John Findlay
James Arbizu 
 
 

No comments: